How To Lose 100 Pounds
10 Habits To Lose Belly Fat Fast
Losing weight can be one of the hardest things you can do. I should know, because I wasted so many years yo-yo dieting and with every diet I would try and fail, I would gain more weight until I reached 240 pounds. It wasn’t until I finally became committed and found a coach to help me that I finally won the battle of obesity and lost 100 pounds. If you want to know how to lose 100 pounds too, here are 10 habits you need to have in order to lose weight, lose belly fat, and feel good about yourself.
1. Move Your Body - Exercise is key to losing belly fat. Ride a bike, swim, walk on a treadmill, and or whatever cardio exercise you like to do for at least 30-45 minutes. Start off 2-3 times a week, then work up to 6 days a week.
2. Drink Lots of Water - Water keeps helps keep all of your body systems working properly. Water is a natural appetite suppressant, and helps boost your metabolism.
3. Take Your Vitamins - Vitamins and minerals are important. Most people who are overweight are really malnourished. When you body has the vitamins and minerals it needs, you won’t feel hungry all the time.
4. Feed Your Cells - Antioxidants help feed your cells and help with keeping cravings from ruling your life. I would add greens and fruit powder to why protein drinks or take capsules.
5. An Apple A Day - An apple really does keep the doctor away. Everyday, I would eat an apple on the commute home from work so I wouldn’t be famished when I got home.
6. Get Enough Protein - Every morning I drank a protein shake to get me going.
7. You’ve Got To Eat - I stopped starving myself and made sure I had 3 meals a day and a couple of snacks and a light healthy dessert after dinner.
8. Create Healthy Favorites - To keep from feeling deprived, I made healthier versions of my favorite foods, like pizza and Chinese food.
9. Keep A Food Log - I keep track of what I ate and drank daily so that I could modify my food plan as I lost weight.
10. Stay Motivated - Everyday, I read success stories of people who were successful at losing weight to give me inspiration.
It took me about 2 years to lose 100 pounds, but everyone is different. The healthiest way to lose weight is to lose about 1-2 pounds a week. Losing too quickly results in a lost of muscle loss which slows down your metabolism (when you lose a lot of muscle, it makes it easier to gain the weight back), and a lot of loose skin. It seems like it will take forever, but in really, a year goes by fast and before you know it, you’ll be living your dream! I also share more tips in my free weight loss course. You can sign up for it and get access to it immediately. Just think, you could be down 5 pounds in 1 week if you sign up today! Check it out here.
Medical Weight Loss Coach and Nutrition Specialist
Founder of Bust Your Block Weight Loss Academy
Owner of The Blood Sugar Store
Best Selling Author, Medical Weight Loss Specialist & Life Coach